Teachers and children all over Aotearoa New Zealand love our multi-award winning Te Reo Singalong books because they make it fun and easy to gain confidence with te reo Māori. Each book becomes a catchy song with a repetitive sentence structure, which is a great way to learn a second language!
Suggestions for how to use the app
- Encourage your child to listen to the songs and sing along for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Simply open the app and click on the video of your choice. It will start playing automatically.
- Listen and sing along! … children often spontaneously move to the beat. Encourage that!
- Notice natural progression as learning te reo Māori becomes one of your daily habits.
If you have the confidence, you may want to go deeper:
- Pause the video and discuss the gorgeous illustrations on each page.
- Encourage your child to match words they have heard in the song with images/illustrations on the page.
- Apply new vocabulary to real-life situations, e.g. say ‘ngeru’ when the cat walks in.
- Share the videos and your child’s learning with friends.