(The Māori New Year)
$24.99 incl GST
Our Matariki book is an award winner! It won the Teachers’ Choice award for the Best Resource in Te Reo Māori at the CLNZ Educational Publishing Awards in November 2015. There are many reasons why teachers and children adore this book, which follows an extended whānau through a day of Matariki celebrations. It’s a perfect fit for your Matariki focus in early childhood and primary school, and the beautiful song is like a soothing lullaby.
Take a look inside
- Repetitive sentence structure: “He pai ki ahau….” (I like the….)
- Vocabulary for some aspects of Matariki and the Māori culture
- Singalong CD which turns the book into a catchy song
- English translation
- List of activity ideas to make this much more than a fun book to do on the mat!
- Information about Matariki, the Māori New Year
- Guitar chords
What others say about Matariki: